Do you want to be of significance to the future generation of managers in the international hospitality-industry? Do you like to get energy from working with young and talented students? And do you have the ambition to stay up to date with all developments in the international food industry? Do you bring an entrepreneurial, research-minded and innovative mindset? Do you like to be of value in education and do you endorse the importance of good education? Then we would like to get in touch with you!
You will get the opportunity to transfer all your (international) knowledge and experience in the food industry to the future generation of managers in the international hospitality-industry. For those managers it is very important to meet consumers’ high demands for transparency, innovative products and commitment to values such as sustainability and health. You can contribute to the further development of the bachelor and master programmes, given those developments.
In this role you report to the Head of Innovation & Programme Specialisations at the Hotel Management School Maastricht. You will work closely with your colleagues.
It is important that you know how to be a source of inspiration and a role model to students. And that you are able to transfer all your knowledge and experience with reference to various theoretical models.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Provide education in the Hotel Management School Maastricht curriculum about food business in all its facets, with a focus in the track Foodservice.
- Guide and coach students in project groups about food business, with a focus on concept & business development, innovation, marketing, market-research.
- Contribute to the further development of the programme and in the digitization of the programme.
- Maintain and further develop the network of the Hotel Management School Maastricht within the (international) food industry.
- Supervise and visit interns, possibly abroad.
Who are you
- You have the ambition to stay up to date with the field and convey your passion for all the developments, trends and innovations in the food industry to students.
- You have a solid experience in the food industry (FMCG) and a thorough knowledge of developments within this industry.
- You have an entrepreneurial, research-minded, service-minded and innovative mindset and endorse the importance of good education.
- You are a team player, able to inspire both students and colleagues. Inspire also because you are a good listener, a connector and you have excellent presentation skills.
- You like to develop yourself personally and immerse yourself in the teaching profession.
Skills, background and knowledge
- Master degree in a relevant field
- A solid experience in renowned, international food companies
- Good coaching skills
- Current and relevant network in the food business. An international network is a pre.
- Fluent in English and preferably also in Dutch, and an international background.
- Affinity with developments in the digital world/blended learning.
- Living at a maximum of approximately 1 hour travel time to Maastricht, so that you can be part of the student community and the external network. Or willing to move after some time.
What does Hotel Management School offer you?
You will become part of a challenging and innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore and develop yourself further. You get plenty of freedom and room for your entrepreneurship and the collaboration with the food industry is very close.
Working with young and talented students will be very rewarding.
Hotel Management School offers you a position for at least 20 hours, with a competitive salary, attractive fringe benefits and 11 weeks holiday.
About Hotel Management School Maastricht
Hotel Management School Maastricht is a subsidiary of Zuyd University of Applicied Sciences. Hotel Management School Maastricht is internationally viewed one of the leading institutes in its field.
Focus of Hotel Management School Maastricht is “the next step in hospitality”. The Bachelor and Master programs challenge and support students to carry out this innovation in hospitality. Furthermore, the ambition for the coming years is to significantly increase the international profile of Hotel Management School Maastricht.