Do you want to lead the charge, unlocking digital opportunities on a pan-European level, for a strong global brand with an inspiring health mission ? Do you bring strong strategic ànd hands on skills and experience in digital marketing with you, especially for an omnichannel environment where orchestration is key? Do you want to guide, support and coordinate digital activities of the European country teams, while building a strong central digital team? Then we would like to get in touch with you!
Already 85 years ago, (long before ‘purpose’ was ‘hip’) Yakult defined its mission as ‘contributing to the good health and happiness of society’. The way Yakult fulfils this mission adapts through time, always aiming to match consumer and market dynamics.
A new wind is blowing within the Yakult Group in Europe that is driving many positive changes. A largely new marketing team is being built and professionalized in which you will become an key player. As part of the newly defined strategy (2021), there is a clear choice to become more professional and active in using Digital technologies, while keeping a clear focus and selection of the activities that generate true business value.
The central European team will more actively guide all matters of digital activities, to create both more effectiveness as well as efficiency/scale in (pan-EU) activations.
For these reasons, the role of Manager Digital Marketing was created, so Yakult Europe is looking for a seasoned digital marketer to fulfil this role, leading the central European Digital team, and playing a key role in guiding the local digital / marketing teams.
Your tasks and responsibilities
In this role your main responsibilities are:
- Defining Strategy and delivering clear guidance to OpCo’s on the role of digital marketing in the overall Yakult strategy by prioritising specific projects and channels (paid, owned and earned) according to the overall business objectives and by translating it into a clear executional roadmap.
- Initiating and delivering key pan-EU projects and assets that improve either effectiveness or efficiency of using digital channels. This includes the improvement of (brand, corporate, Science) websites to better perform against objectives, the development new digital content for Yakult-, or other websites (content marketing) and digital interactive tooling or activation as well as (co-) leading new business propositions such as e-commerce and loyalty program.
- Building the right level of capabilities and technical/IT resources by ensuring skill-training and knowledge-sharing within Yakult ànd by defining the optimal technical infrastructure to enable all digital activities in a (cost)efficient procurement.
- Co-defining right data-metrics and delivering efficient monitors (with Manager Insights & Media) to measure the effectiveness of our digital channels (sites, social, search, etc).
- Providing executional support to OpCo’s for website & content management, marketing automation, social media, digital analytics and online advertising (SEO, SEA, paid media) , and act as in-depth sparring partners for developing and evaluating new initiatives.
- Team leadership, ensuring optimal development of individual team members and – as one of the key managers – maximise contribution to Yakult’s proactive culture and business success and guarantee overall performance of and atmosphere within the YEU marketing team. Managing and responsible for all YEU costbudgets regarding digital.
The Manager Digital Marketing reports to the manager responsible for the pan-EU marketing strategy and related activities.
Background and Job purpose
Yakult has defined three ‘strategic paths’ in it’s overall strategy, and this role will significantly contribute to all three paths, in ways like:
- Path to Growth: defining, and executing a clear strategy to improve effectiveness of digital activities leading to stronger brand-position and accelerated sales growth.
- Path to One Yakult: drive coordination and learning-sharing between OpCo’s and the European team in Almere on digital activities (communication, activations, e-sales).
- Path to Mindset: co-lead inspiration and education of Yakult as a whole to a more market-oriented mindset, consumer-focus, building capabilities and understanding of the role that digital can play – and also sometimes cannot play.
Who are you?
You are pro-active in identifying organisational needs on digital/activation/strategy-area. Willing and able to professionally challenge others on every level in a confident and always respectful way, always striving for the best interests of Yakult and its mission. You are an independent problem solver, easy to work with, a team player, willing to ‘pick up the ball where others drop it’. Authentic and honest, sense of humour. Interest and affinity with Japanese culture and collaborative values is very welcome and helpful, just as ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- 7-12 years’ experience in Digital Marketing roles in a company, not necessarily needed in FMCG, independently leading large complex projects, including creating strategic and operational (digital) plans.
- Experience with coaching (young) professionals in data-, and/or digital roles, as individuals as in teams.
- Good analytical skills, understanding of FMCG metrics, data and numbers/charts, as well as specific data and metrics for Digital. You are also deeply curious about human behaviour and (purchase) motivations.
- Good organisation-, communication- and planning/project management skills.
- Good business-presentation skill, combines PowerPoint-proficiency with human-, and storytelling-skill.
- Excellent knowledge (experience) in ‘all’ relevant software, from MS-Office to G.A. or CMS-systems.
- Fluent in English, ideally also one other European language. Dutch is a pre, but not strictly needed as our common language is English and we have a very diverse marketing team with people from Japan, China, Colombia, Germany, France, Ireland, and yes also the Netherlands…
What does Yakult offer you?
You will become part of a very diverse company that has been on a mission to make society healthier and happier for 85 years, and of a new team that aspires to become one of the best marketing teams in Europe. There are career opportunities, both in the central team and in the OpCo teams, and therefore also internationally.
Yakult offers you a full-time position (32 hours is negotiable) with a competitive salary and attractive fringe benefits. In addition, there is plenty of room for personal development.
About Yakult Europe
In 1935, the founder discovered the now world-famous L. casei Shirota bacteria. 40 million people in 40 countries now drink the unique dairy drink. And the mission to contribute to good health is only getting bigger. Yakult is present in many markets in Europe and all local marketing activities are driven by local Operating Companies. OpCo teams are supported and offered strategic guidance by a central marketing teams at Yakult Europe (based in the Netherlands) and collaboration is very close, constructive and based on complementary skills and roles.
The Yakult Group in Europe has strong ambition to grow and professionalize on all fronts possible, furthering its mission to bring health and happiness to society and bringing Yakult to as many Europeans as possible.
We would love to tell you more about this entrepreneurial and challenging job.
Recruitment & selection for this vacancy is exclusively assigned to WerfSelect, a recruitment agency for (digital) marketing, communication and sales professionals.