Marketing Manager Belgium – BrusselBij Yakult Europe in Brussel
Do you want to be part of a company that contributes to good health without compromise? Do you want to be a part of team that aspires to become one of the best marketing teams in Europe? Are you a seasoned FMCG marketer? Then we would like to get in touch with you.
Already 85 years ago, (long before ‘purpose’ was ‘hip’) Yakult defined its mission as ‘contributing to the good health and happiness of society’. The way Yakult fulfils this mission adapts through time, always aiming to match consumer and market dynamics. Also, now a new wind is blowing within the Yakult Group in Europe that is driving many positive changes. A largely new marketing team is being built and professionalized in which you will become an important player.
Yakult is looking for a seasoned senior marketer to fulfil the (new) role of Marketing Manager Yakult Belgium and also play and active role in the central European team.
· In this role you will lead the Belgium commercial team, consisting of a Project/Comm’s Manager, Communication Executive and Key Account Manager.
· You’ll create analysis-based execution plans and -projects.
· Next to these responsibilities for Belgium, you will also take part or co-lead in pan-European projects together with other members of the European marketing/commercial team, including developing and executing a plan to further build distribution in the French retail market and create brand preference with consumers, generating significant new sales volume.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Defining effective commercial country strategy and execution-tactics for Yakult Belgium within the overall European commercial strategy.
• Day to day leadership for the Marketing/commercial team and representing Belgium in the European Marketing Leads meeting.
• Co-leadership and/or active participation in key pan-EU projects. Together with EU-teamleads, co-lead key pan-European projects that deliver strategic assets, guidelines or knowledge-building for all EU-OpCo’s.
• Defining effective commercial country strategy and execution-tactics for further developing the French market. Leading execution of growth-efforts in France.
In this position you will report to the Managing Director of Yakult Belgium.
Who are you?
You are a self-starter with a proactive attitude and have a personal passion to bring out the best in yourself and others, and stimulate continuous improvement. We are looking for willingness, drive and perseverance to pioneer and build business with a creative and flexible mind. You also have excellent attention to detail and superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
Furthermore, you are an enthusiastic, proactive team player who combines organizational sensitivity with steadfastness.
• You completed a relevant Bachelor or Master education
• Fluent in both French/Dutch (Flemish) and English (our common language in Europe).
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in marketing of FMCG/food -products in retail channel, including business planning and strategy building. for all the 4 P’s with an external, fact-based orientation.
• Additional experience in sales related areas like Trade marketing and Account management preferred
• Experience in leading teams and inspiring / coaching them to highest levels in marketing
• Strong analytical skills with ‘hard’ data, combined with curiosity and drive to understand the ‘softer’ psychology of human emotions and behaviour/decision making when buying food-/health products
• Interest and affinity with Japanese culture and collaborative values is very welcome and helpful.
• … and a good sense of humour will definitely help connect with colleagues ..=)
What does Yakult offer you?
You will become part of a company that has been on a mission to make society healthier and happier for 85 years, and of a new team that aspires to become one of the best marketing teams in Europe. There are career opportunities, both in the central team and in the OpCo teams, and therefore also internationally.
Yakult offers you a full-time position (32 hours is negotiable) with a competitive salary and attractive fringe benefits. In addition, there is plenty of room for personal development.
About Yakult Belgium / Yakult Europe
In 1935, the founder discovered the now world-famous L. casei Shirota bacteria. 40 million people in 40 countries now drink the unique dairy drink. And the mission to contribute to good health is only getting bigger. Yakult is present in many markets in Europe and all local marketing activities are driven by local Operating Companies. OpCo teams are supported and offered strategic guidance by a central marketing teams at Yakult Europe (based in the Netherlands) and collaboration is very close, constructive and based on complementary skills and roles.
Yakult’s position in the Belgium market is stable (market challenger). The team running the Belgium business is quite compact. However, there is great belief that the market and the position of the brand can be further developed in Europe, and that next to growing the brand in Belgium, also the French market can be developed further on short/mid-term. The Yakult Group in Europe has strong ambition to grow and professionalize on all fronts possible, furthering its mission to bring health and happiness to society and bringing Yakult to as many Europeans as possible.
LET OP: Werving & selectie voor deze vacature wordt exclusief verzorgd door WerfSelect, bemiddelingsbureau voor marketing-, communicatie, sales en online professionals. www.werfselect.nl. Solliciteren is dan ook alleen mogelijk via WerfSelect.