Do you want to pave the digital road on a pan-European level, for a strong global brand with an inspiring health mission? And coordinate and guide the online activities of the local Operating Companies? Are you a pro in dealing with strategic and daily digital challenges? Especially regarding the websites and web apps, content management platforms and front-end frameworks? Then you may be the Senior Product Owner Yakult Europe is looking for. We would like to get in touch with you!
Already 85 years ago, (long before ‘purpose’ was ‘hip’) Yakult defined its mission as ‘contributing to the good health and happiness of society’. The way Yakult fulfils this mission adapts through time, always aiming to match consumer and market dynamics.
A new wind is blowing within the Yakult Group in Europe that is driving many positive changes. A largely new marketing team is being built and professionalized in which you will become an key player.
As part of the newly defined strategy (2021), there is a clear choice to become more professional and active in using digital technologies, while keeping a clear focus and selection of the activities that generate true business value.
Next to that, the direction has been chosen to give more strategic guidance, coordination and support from the central European team in Almere, in matters of digital activities. Both as a channel for brand-communication as for sales. To create both more effectiveness as well as efficiency/scale in (pan-EU) activations.
As Senior Product Owner of Yakult Europe you will have an important role to make these changes succeed.
Your main responsibilities are:
• Development of Yakult websites and web apps, content management platforms and front-end frameworks across Europe (brand, corporate, science).
• Build digital platforms and tooling that supports the growth of Yakult (with agencies). Various (e-commerce, SEO, interactive tooling) projects are planned.
• Manage and own all processes with Development- and UX-agencies.
• Improve the customer experience throughout the journey.
• Focus on how relevant data can be extracted to push ROPO (Research Online, Purchase Offline) higher and to increase retail-sales.
• Creation of a scalable way of working with the CMS of Yakult (WordPress) for all teams in the OpCo’s and support the OpCo’s in the use of the CMS by providing guidelines and documentation.
• Day to day management for all content and technical updates for the Yakult websites.
The Senior Product Owner reports to the Manager Digital Strategy & Solutions of Yakult Europe.
Who are you?
• You have good analytical skills to really get to the bottom of problems and find the best solutions
• You have good planning/project management skills, able to structure, prioritize and organize well
• You are easy to work with, a team player, willing to ‘pick up the ball where others drop it’
• You are an independent problem solver; pro-active, willing and able to professionally challenge others on every level in a confident and respectful way, always striving for the best interests of Yakult and its mission
• You are authentic and honest, with a sense of humour
• You convince and inspire on the basis of intelligent insights and appealing examples
• You have the ability to act on a strategic, tactical and operational level in an international, multicultural context
And further: skills, background and knowledge
• Bachelor or Master degree, in Computer Science, Technical Business Management or related. If you feel you’ve reached this level with relevant work experience and have the ability to succeed in this role, we’d love to hear from you too
• 5+ years’ experience as a Website Product Owner within e-commerce and/or omnichannel retail environment
• Experience in a similar role for an international FMCG company is a plus
• To be able to manage and own all processes, with Development- and UX-agencies,
– you have a deep understanding of HTML, CSS, and PHP;
– you also have extensive knowledge of web development systems: Laravel, VueJS, Sass, Git/Github, CI/CD; and
• Experience with WordPress. Experience with Elementor is a plus
• You have experience with A/B testing, CRO and analytical tools such as Google Analytics and Google Search Console
• Interest and affinity with Japanese culture and collaborative values is very welcome and helpful.
• Fluent in English, ideally also in Dutch or one other European language.
What does Yakult offer you?
As a Senior Product Owner you will become part of a company that has been on a mission to make society healthier and happier for 85 years. And of a new team that aspires to become one of the best marketing teams in Europe. There are career opportunities, both in the central team and in the OpCo teams, and therefore also internationally.
Fulltime position (32 hours is negotiable) | Competitive salary | Attractive fringe benefits | Plenty of room for personal development | Hybrid working possible | At least 3 days a week at the office
About Yakult Europe
In 1935, the founder discovered the now world-famous L. casei Shirota bacteria. 40 million people in 40 countries now drink the unique dairy drink. And the mission to contribute to good health is only getting bigger. Yakult is present in many markets in Europe. All local marketing activities are driven by local OpCo’s. OpCo teams are supported and offered strategic guidance by a central marketing team at Yakult Europe (based in Almere in the Netherlands). Collaboration is very close, constructive and based on complementary skills and roles.
The Yakult Group in Europe has strong ambition to grow and professionalize on all fronts possible, furthering its mission to bring health and happiness to society and bringing Yakult to as many Europeans as possible.
Recruitment & selection for this vacancy is exclusively assigned to WerfSelect, a recruitment agency for marketing, communication, sales and online professionals.